Woodland Elementary School
2908 GRAHAM RD.
STOW, OH 44224
Mrs. Mary Lou Muckleroy
Mrs. Belinda McClain
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION FOR 2017-2018
The faculty and staff wish you all a safe and restful summer. Please remember to visit the Stow-Munroe Falls Library to get some great summer reading material as well as spend time outside and be active all summer long!
The school offices are closed for summer break beginning Friday, June 9 through Monday, August 7, 2017.
· Regular office hours will resume on August 7.
· If immediate assistance is required during the summer, please contact the Board of Education Offices at 330-689-5445.
· Parents/Guardians of new students: please visit http://www.smfschools.org/parents/enrollment for enrollment procedures. For further assistance, you may contact District Registrar, Mrs. Neel, at 330-689-5444.
· School supply lists are located on this web page.
· Class assignment letters for students in grades 1-4 will be mailed from our District office on or about August 11.
· Open house for Grades 1-4 is Monday, August 21 from 6-7 pm.
· First day of school for students in grades 1-4 is August 22.
· Kindergarten screening dates are August 22-24th. Parents/guardians will be notified as to location and time frames available by early August.
· Prior to the screening appointment, our District Office will be sending out the placement letter and login information. Please bring the letter with you to the screening appointment. You will have an opportunity to complete the required online forms at the screening site.
· Kindergarten families will receive an e-mail notification of class assignment by noon on Friday, August 25.
· Open House for kindergarten families will be Friday, August 25 from 5-6 pm.
· The first day of school for kindergarten students is Monday, August 28.
August 21: Open House for Grades 1-4, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
August 22, 23, 24: Kindergarten Screenings
August 22: First day of school for Grades 1-4
August 25: Open House for Kindergarten, 5:00-6:00 p.m.
August 28: First day of school for Kindergarten
September 4: Labor Day (NO SCHOOL)
Through the collaboration of the school, parents, and the community, every student will have the opportunity to engage in real and relevant learning experiences in a safe and nurturing environment in order to become life-long learners.
School Supply Lists
School Day: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Woodland Elementary School Building Goals:
- We will implement rigorous reading and writing instruction that is integrated across all content areas.
- We will apply the concepts of differentiated instruction in order to best meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Our students will develop skills and strategies to use when conflicts arise and will increase in their ability to reflect upon their own behavior and the behavior of others.
- Students will be provided with opportunities to encourage critical thinking, collaboration, communication and creativity that will equip them with skills necessary for the 21st century.
- All staff members will participate in professional development opportunities that will allow us to continue to grow and learn from one another.
Unique Experiences/Opportunities Available at Woodland:
- PAWS Good Behavior Program
- Student of the Month Awards
- Bulldog Choir
- Picasso Night Art Show/STEAM Night
- E4 Zone, the Woodland Makerspace
- Girls On The Run Program (sponsored by Woodland PTA)
- Woodland Walk-a-Thon
- YMCA Latchkey Program (before & after school)