Indian Trail Elementary School
Indian Trail Elementary
3512 Kent Road
Stow, OH 44224
Phone: (330) 689-5320
Fax: (330) 689-5325
Principal: John M. Lacoste
The Indian Trail School Community is committed to educating all students in becoming successful citizens in a global society by providing academic rigor and 21st Century skills in a positive and caring learning environment.
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION FOR 2017-2018
The faculty and staff wish you all a safe and restful summer. Please remember to visit the Stow-Munroe Falls Library to get some great summer reading material as well as spend time outside and be active all summer long!
The school offices are closed for summer break beginning Friday, June 9 through Monday, August 7, 2017.
· Regular office hours will resume on August 7.
· If immediate assistance is required during the summer, please contact the Board of Education Offices at 330-689-5445.
· Parents/Guardians of new students: please visit http://www.smfschools.org/parents/enrollment for enrollment procedures. For further assistance, you may contact District Registrar, Mrs. Neel, at 330-689-5444.
· School supply lists are located on this web page.
· Class assignment letters for students in grades 1-4 will be mailed from our District office on or about August 11.
· Open house for Grades 1-4 is Monday, August 21 from 6-7 pm.
· First day of school for students in grades 1-4 is August 22.
· Kindergarten screening dates are August 22-24th. Parents/guardians will be notified as to location and time frames available by early August.
· Prior to the screening appointment, our District Office will be sending out the placement letter and login information. Please bring the letter with you to the screening appointment. You will have an opportunity to complete the required online forms at the screening site.
· Kindergarten families will receive an e-mail notification of class assignment by noon on Friday, August 25.
· Open House for kindergarten families will be Friday, August 25 from 5-6 pm.
· The first day of school for kindergarten students is Monday, August 28.
1. Academic Achievement – Each student will be given the opportunity to learn and demonstrate grade level skills and knowledge as evidence by a variety of assessments throughout the year. Specifically, as a school community we will strive to ensure that all students will read at or above grade level by the third grade in accordance with the Third Grade Reading Guarantee.
2. Positive and Caring Learning Environment – Our students and staff will be recognized with CARE Cards throughout the year for demonstrating the following character traits and attributes in support of our positive teaching and learning environment:
7. Risk Taker
3. Professional Development – As an instructional leader my goal is to provide data driven professional development opportunities for learners of all ages based on best practice and building needs.
All children can learn and achieve their maximum academic, social and emotional potential when given the proper educational opportunities in a positive environment surrounded by caring and knowledgeable adults.
School Supply Lists
School Day: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.