Notification for Parents Whose Students Attend Title 1 Schools
You have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child’s classroom teachers and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner if you ask for it. Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:
- Whether the Ohio Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
- Whether the Ohio Department of Education has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under the state regulations because of special circumstances.
- The teacher’s college major, whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
- Whether any teachers’ aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.
If you would like to receive any of this information, please call the Human Resources Director at 330.689.5445.
Annual Notification to Parents
In accordance with the No Child Left Behind act, school districts are required to develop policies and procedures and to notify families on an annual basis regarding:
- The right of parents to inspect surveys before they are administered by the school to their child
- Efforts to protect student privacy in the event a survey is distributed to students
- The right of parents to inspect instructional materials (excluding tests) that are part of their child’s curriculum
- The administration of student physical examinations or screenings
- The collection, disclosure or use of students’ personal information
- The right of parents to inspect any instrument used in the collection of their child’s personal information
Parents also have the right to opt their child out of participation in certain activities such as surveys and physical examinations and screenings.
State and Federal Grant Monies
The Stow-Munroe Falls City School District applies for a variety of state and federal grants each year. These grants range from student programs to staff development. Part of the application process sometimes requires the schools to seek input from the communities of Stow and Munroe Falls. If you would like to submit ideas, please send them in writing to: Director of Academic Achievement, StowMunroe Falls City Schools, 4350 Allen Road, Stow, 44224.