Echo Hills Elementary School
4405 Stow Road
Stow, OH 44224
Principal: Mr. David Ulbricht
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION FOR 2017-2018
The faculty and staff wish you all a safe and restful summer. Please remember to visit the Stow-Munroe Falls Library to get some great summer reading material as well as spend time outside and be active all summer long!
The school offices are closed for summer break beginning Friday, June 9 through Monday, August 7, 2017.
· Regular office hours will resume on August 7.
· If immediate assistance is required during the summer, please contact the Board of Education Offices at 330-689-5445.
· Parents/Guardians of new students: please visit http://www.smfschools.org/parents/enrollment for enrollment procedures. For further assistance, you may contact District Registrar, Mrs. Neel, at 330-689-5444.
· School supply lists are located on this web page.
· Class assignment letters for students in grades 1-4 will be mailed from our District office on or about August 11.
· Open house for Grades 1-4 is Monday, August 21 from 6-7 pm.
· First day of school for students in grades 1-4 is August 22.
· Kindergarten screening dates are August 22-24th. Parents/guardians will be notified as to location and time frames available by early August.
· Prior to the screening appointment, our District Office will be sending out the placement letter and login information. Please bring the letter with you to the screening appointment. You will have an opportunity to complete the required online forms at the screening site.
· Kindergarten families will receive an e-mail notification of class assignment by noon on Friday, August 25.
· Open House for kindergarten families will be Friday, August 25 from 5-6 pm.
· The first day of school for kindergarten students is Monday, August 28.
Echo Hills is a learning place
where we recognize the uniqueness of each student.
Echo Hills staff has worked cohesively to develop a framework to identify our belief systems. Our mission, vision, and purpose statement reflects this collaborative effort.
MISSION: Our purpose is to focus on the child, and as adults, create a positive learning atmosphere in which we model dignity and respect for others.
VISION: We believe that every day, every child will be actively engaged in a nurturing and successful environment and that every adult will be passionately dedicated and inspired to motivate the development of children (as individuals) who will be leaders.
- PURPOSE STATEMENT:
1) Every child is provided with an opportunity to learn at his or her own level.
2) Every child should feel safe in the school environment.
3) A strong partnership between parents, children and school personnel should be developed to ensure equal responsibility.
Unique Information about Echo Hills
- Echo Hills is the second largest of the 6 elementary buildings with approximately 300 student last year.
- We house three classrooms for students with multiple disabilities. These are sometimes referred to as "Life Skills" classrooms. Students from all 6 elementary buildings needing a very high level of developmental support are transported to our building for specialized instruction according to their IEP.
- Starting this year we will also house one of two self contained gifted classrooms for 4th graders who qualify for gifted services. That means that some 4th graders will be bussed from other buildings to Echo to attend this class. This is the first year we are using this gifted model
School Supply Lists
First Grade 2017-18
Second Grade 2017-18
Third Grade 2017-18
Fourth Grade 2017-18
Mrs. Gehring's Supply List 2017-18
Mrs. Lehman's Supply List 2017-18
Mrs. Grimsley's Supply List 2017-18