Student Code of Conduct
The following rules are for the purpose of ensuring a safe and pleasant ride to and from school. You will find that some rules are obvious and reflect nothing more than common sense. These rules have evolved from state and national guidelines for safety on buses.
The student conduct code for schools also applies to students while riding a school bus.
- When boarding, the student should go directly to a seat. The bus driver will assign seats.
- Students are not to use profane, vulgar, and/or improper language.
- Students must remain seated keeping the aisles clear.
- Students must be at their approved bus stop five (5) minutes in advance of normal bus stop time.
- Students must only bring items onto the bus that they can hold on their laps.
- Eating, drinking and chewing gum is prohibited.
- Students are not permitted to use tobacco, alcohol, drugs on the bus.
- Students are not permitted to throw objects on, from or into the bus.
- Students are to keep their heads, hands and feet inside the bus.
- Talking should be kept to a conversational tone.
- Students must obey all reasonable requests made by the bus driver.
- Students should cross the street only on the driver’s signal.
Violation of any of these rules can result in disciplinary action up to and including removal from the bus.